To the Editor:
In response to the letter from Gerald Machnee of Lockport, Manitoba published in the Dec. 23 Thompson Citizen, which was a response to a previous letter of mine, I would like to make the following points.
1. Unlike Trumptown, Canada is a constitutional democracy where Stephen Harper and Donald Trump could share their contempt for voters except, Mr. Trump, unlike the United State of America, we have a system with protections against fascism — i.e., the governor-general, who can shut the government down in a crisis. Ask Stephen, who prorogued (shut down) Parliament twice because he disdains elected houses of Parliament.
2. We have anti-hate federal legislation for preventing another Kent State or Charlottesville from becoming a monthly event.
3. Trump lied about never reading a book. I say this since his agenda was scripted by another fascist — Adolf.
4. Mr. Trump, in Canada, God is not a pure white entity — we are all his children. Canada is not perfect, but it is the best.
5. No hate in my correspondence. Just pity for the fool on the hill — Capitol Hill.
Angus Campbell Sr.